Thursday, August 15, 2013

Art and Achieving True Liberation


  • A Message from a Facebook Friend at 2 a.m. last night
    What is it about your life that intrigues me lol. I envy all that you've done. I'm working on mine with the singing and whatnot. But to be truthful I do not feel I'm ok looking nor know how to be lol. I want to write a book. To know that I'm appreciated. Ha ok ill stop talking.
  • Today
  • Laila Lucent
    thanks
    I've actually been thinking about this lately... fucking money man. A lot of us are artists, but to become any good at your art, to be able to make real money off of it, can take years... and maybe that will NEVER happen. So... then you need to find a job in order to live on, and you're too tired to do any art, cause all of your time is invested in eating.
    I had the "good" fortune of having my sexuality to sell... but that takes something else other than time away, but then at least I have time to get myself free... achieve true liberation, whatever fucked conception of that idea I have in my mind.
    it's so easy to just give up. but fuck that, cause there's no point to any of it, and if art is your point to it then you can never give up art... i just wish it didn't need to be about the money or the success... I hope I have money soon from my writing. I made a couple thousand on the book so far, but obviously that pays for less than 2 months in LA. so you know. the hustle continues. My looks begin to fade. The clock ticks along.
    I'm writing a really really cool tv show now, so hopefully that'll make me money or get me something I want.
    Anyway, I meant I'm happy you're working on singing and whatnot and I hope you can make art for art's sake and not for any other reason..
    And honestly, writing a book is kind of a shit way to get appreciated these days. haha but it does make me feel a little bit warmer on cold nights and it's certainly given me more confidence going into future projects.
    Have a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment